A city of iconic attractions and brilliant beaches, Sydney is a destination you'll never forget.
Sydney is home to must-visit icons like the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House, but this Harbour City is constantly evolving. New rooftop bars, theatre shows and designer shops pop up at every turn, and the urban excitement is perfectly balanced by afternoons spent lying on the sand.
Plus, with diverse destinations at its doorstep, Sydney is the perfect base for day trips and weekends away.
From gourmet restaurants, alleyway cafes, bustling markets, glamorous cocktail bars and classic neighbourhood pubs - Sydney has you covered. Not to mention, some amazing harbourside dining with the best views!
Some of our teams favourite spots include:
- Opera Bar: It wouldn't be a Sydney dining and bar list without including Opera Bar - Australia's most iconic bar with views of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House. An absolute must for visitors!
- Crown Street, Surry Hills: Trendy eateries galore, plus check out The Winery - Sydney's only wine laneway!
- Woolloomooloo Wharf: Lined with great restaurants that overlook the harbour.
- Macleay Street, Potts Point: No shortage of fabulous places to wine and dine. Check out The Butler for cocktails with a view!
- Darling Square: No shortage of options, just behind Darling Harbour with vibrant outdoor dining.
- Barangaroo: After a meal with a view? They don't come any better than the waterfront precinct of Barangaroo. This is the place to splash out!
- Bondi: Feel like heading beachside? You'll find great cafes and super cool spots for a cocktail or wine with a view of the famous Bondi Beach.
- Inner West: The Tramsheds in Glebe is one of Sydney's most exciting food destinations with the ambience of a European food hall.
Getting to Sydney is super easy. Accessible by air at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport, by regional train at Central Train Station and by major highways for those driving.
Sydney is accessible by Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport which is a 20–30-minute drive to Sydney CBD. Sydney Airport welcomes frequent services from all major domestic airports and a number of international destinations.
Getting to and from the Airport
To get to and from Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (both domestic and international terminals), catch the T8 Airport and South line that stops at stations on the city circle. Travel time between the city and airport is 10-15 minutes, with services running approximately every 10 minutes.
Taxis and rideshare services are also available from pick up zones.
Sydney has a great network of public transport including buses, trains, ferries and light rail. You can either purchase an Opal card or use a credit card with tap-and-go functionality. Taxi and rideshare services are also readily available. Otherwise, Sydney is a great city to explore on foot!
Sydney Must-Do Experiences
See Sydney from a new height
BridgeClimb Sydney is an iconic Australian experience that takes you to the top of Australia's most famous structure - the Sydney Harbour Bridge!
Swim at iconic Bondi Icebergs & Bondi to Coogee Coastal Walk
Sydney dreams are made at Bondi and Bondi Icebergs is one of the oldest surf lifesaving clubs in the world, and one of Australia's oldest swimming clubs. Take a dip, then dry off and head on the Bondi to Coogee Coastal Walk - an absolute Sydney "must-do". With uninterrupted views of the ocean, you'll past iconic Sydney beaches such as Tamarama Beach and Bronte Beach before finishing in beautiful Coogee. You might even spot a whale! (May-Nov)