Roads along and surrounding the event course from the Sydney CBD to Pyrmont will start closing from 2am and may affect how you travel if you’re driving or catching a bus into the city for the event. See the interactive map or download the PDF maps for reference.
Major road closures:
- Cahill Expressway from 4am to 11.30am: The Cahill Expressway and Circular Quay Overpass will be closed.
- Motorists travelling toward the Eastern Distributor or the eastern suburbs should use the Sydney Harbour Tunnel
- Western Distributor from 6am to 9:30am: the Western Distributor from Pyrmont to the CBD including Fig St, Pyrmont St and Market St on-ramps and King St and Harris off-ramps will be closed.
- Motorists travelling citybound on the Anzac Bridge will be detoured via the Bathurst St off-ramp. Access to the Anzac Bridge from the CBD is via the Druitt St on-ramp or from the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Harbour St.
Other key closures:
- Hyde Park from 2am to 2:30pm: College St between Park St and Prince Albert Road (event finish line).
- Sydney CBD from 4.00am to 11.30am: sections of Macquarie St, Bridge St, Phillip St. Motorists can cross Macquarie St at Shakespeare Place & Bent St until 6am and after 11am. Access the Eastern Distributor via Liverpool and William Streets.
- Macquarie St from 5am to 12.00pm: Macquarie St between St James Rd and Albert Rd.
- Circular Quay & The Rocks from 4.00am to 9:30am: Bridge St from Phillip St to Young Street, Bridge St from Phillip St to Pitt St (Eastbound), Phillip St (South of Bridge St) and Phillip Lane will be closed. Local Access will be allowed on Albert St, Macquarie St (North of Albert St) and Phillip Lane throughout the closures.
- Pyrmont from 6am to 10:30am: Pirrama Rd, Bowman St, Union St, Murray St, Darling Drive and surrounding local roads. Motorists travelling to the city or the Sydney Harbour Bridge will be diverted via Harris St and local roads.
- Millers Point & Barangaroo from 5.00am to 11am: Hickson Rd, Sussex St, Kent St, Pottinger St, Windmill St and Watson Rd. Access to the Rocks is maintained via York St, Lang St, and Harrington St.
- The Domain from 5.00am to 12pm: Art Gallery Rd and Mrs Macquaries Rd.
See the Transport for NSW Interactive road closure & clearway map for more details.
The HOKA Runaway Sydney Half Marathon 2023 Road Closure Map are available to download below or visit livetraffic.com for the full details.
All maps subject to change