Event Day Transport
Runners are encouraged to catch public transport and leave the car at home, as various roads will be closed before the run begins and special event clearway parking restrictions will be in effect on many roads along and around the course.
- Trains: The closest train stations to the start area at Cahill Expressway are Circular Quay, Wynyard and Martin Place and, which are all within short walking distance.
- Planned weekend trackwork is taking place which may affect how you travel to and from the event from the South and South Western Suburbs. Plan ahead at transportnsw.info.
- Buses: Early morning buses will run to the city on some routes. Many services make stops along Elizabeth St or at nearby major terminals at Wynyard and QVB within walking distance of the start area. Keep in mind that some buses will be affected by road closures and will use different routes and stops so plan ahead
- Light rail: Services will run to a normal Sunday timetable from 5am. The closest stops to the start area are Bridge St or Circular Quay on the L2 and L3 light rail lines.
- Ferries: Sydney Ferries will run to a regular Sunday timetable.
You’ll need to use a valid Opal card to travel on public transport. Alternatively you can use a contactless major debit or credit card or linked device to tap on and off services.
For all the details on transport services and to plan your trip, visit transportnsw.info
Runners are reminded that parking in the city is limited on Sunday mornings and road closures will be in place from as early as 2am so some car parks will be inaccessible or you may experience delays accessing parking spaces.
If you have to drive, please familiarise yourself with the road closures, arrive early to secure a parking space and allow extra travel time.
Limited parking is available at the following locations:
- Domain Car Park – St Mary’s Road Sydney – Open 24hrs – $12 flat fee - (Access from Boomerang Pl/ Yorong Pkwy, left onto St Mary's Road)
- Enacon Car Park – Cathedral Street – Open 4:45am - $15 flat fee - (Access from Boomerang Pl/ Yorong Pkwy, left onto St Mary's Road, left onto Cathedral St)
Special Event Clearways
Street parking will be limited with special event clearway parking restrictions in place between 12.01am and 12.00pm midday on roads along and surrounding the event course in the CBD and Pyrmont. These clearways are in place to clear the course of vehicles for participant safety and to also increase road capacity.
Remember, special event clearways are strict no-parking zones for all vehicle types, and apply even to local residents and Mobility Scheme Permit Holders. Look for the bright yellow signs and check them carefully on the day and the night before as vehicles left in clearways will be towed and a fee applies. If your car is towed it will be moved to the nearest available parking space, you can call 132 701 to find its new location. For more details on clearway locations and times visit livetraffic.com.